Provides a discount of up to $50 per month towards Internet broadband service for eligible households. A household is eligible if one member meets one of the criteria below:
• Income is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or participates in certain assistance programs such as SNAP, Medicaid, or Lifeline;
• Approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision in the 2019-2020 or 2020-2021 school year;
• Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year;
• Experienced a substantial loss of income due to job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020 and the household had a total income in 2020 at or below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers; or
• Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income or COVID-19 program.
How to Apply:
Eligible households must both apply for the program and contact a participating provider to select a service plan. There are three ways to apply:
• Contact a participating broadband provider directly to learn about their application process. If you are unable to apply through them directly, you will have to apply using option 2 or 3 below, and then contact a participating provider to select an eligible plan.
• Go to www.getemergencybroadband.org to apply online and to find participating providers near you. After applying you will have to contact a participating provider to select an eligible plan.
• Call 833-511-0311 for a mail-in application or print a copy, and return it along with copies of documents showing proof of eligibility to:
Emergency Broadband Support Center
P.O. Box 7081
London, KY 40742
Upon receiving a qualification notice households must contact a participating provider to select an eligible service plan.
How to view Weather Alert link with FireFox browser:RSS feeds automatically display with the Chrome browser but Firefox removed their built-in reader in December 2019. You may restore that capability with a FireFox Add-on. Is your menu bar visible (File, Edit, View, etc.)? If not, right-click at the top of the FireFox browser and click Menu Bar to turn it on. Go to Tools> Add-ons> Get Add-ons> Find more Add-ons> and enter RSSPreview into the search bar. Click on RSSPreview (not the others!) and Add to Firefox. Done! Now when you click on the weather alert link above you will be able to read the alert. To verify your list of FireFox Add-ons, go to Tools> Add-ons> Extensions.
The Williamsburg Community Building is available to rent at very reasonable rates for your special events.
Commercial kitchen, 20 eight-foot banquet tables (seat three per side), folding chairs, performance stage, easy parking. Suitable for birthday parties, family reunions and other midsize gatherings. Contact: Williamsburg Community Action Group, Litz, at 304‑645‑3690.
Our Community Emergency Shelter
is the Williamsburg Community Building equiped with a backup generator and commercial kitchen to provide shelter, water, food, and communications. In times of need, the Williamsburg Area Emergency Response Team (lovingly called "WARTS") coordinates this service. For information contact Debbie Sizemore at 304‑645‑6595.