Attention All area citizens, young and old:
The gym had a cleared floor on the 26th and now it is covered with bottles, water, toilet paper, paper towels, books, etc. Also, more windows have been broken by rocks in the back part of the building.
Vandalism is a willful damage to or destruction of public or private property. This destruction is probably done by some youth that just "wanted to have some fun" or "bored". THIS is NOT FUN. You have destroyed property. When caught, there are some legal consequences.
There are several people in the area interested in making the gym a place of recreation for our community to enjoy. It will take time, work and money to get this done but the group becomes disheartened when they see vandalism like this.
The police have been called and they are going to patrol the area more, day and night. If you have facts related to the vandalism, call Deputy Vaught at 304-392-6355.
WHAT CAN I DO?
1. Don’t have a discussion on face book about this, please. PM someone if you want to discuss it online.
2. Talk to your children, read them this message about vandalism. Even if you know your child would never do this, your talk may help them to change the mind of someone else planning to "have fun". If by chance your child has the courage to come to you to confess they were involved, private message williamsburgwv on facebook and say you want to talk.
3. Copy this post to your friends in the area.
4. Let’s have pride in our community, its activities, its buildings, its people.
5. Get involved to do good. 2/4/2020